In the event of a wildfire or an emergency situation, law enforcement and fire agencies issue evacuation warnings or evacuation orders for impacted areas. These notices are issued for a Zone with an evacuation Status.
Evacuation Status levels
- Evacuation Order. An immediate threat to life. This is a lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access.
- Evacuation Warning. A potential threat to life and/or property. Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now.
- Advisory. A notice to be on alert and follow county recommendations.
- Clear To Repopulate. It is safe to return to your home. Be aware of your surroundings and go through the returning home checklist.
- Shelter In Place. An order to go indoors. Shut and lock doors and windows. Prepare to self-sustain until further notice and/or contacted by emergency personnel for additional direction.
- Normal. There is no current knowledge of threats affecting your area and that you can carry on with normal activity.